- Disruption of hormone function, because menstruation is closely associated with the hormonal system that regulated the brain, precisely in the pituitary gland. This hormonal system will send signals to the ovaries to produce eggs. If the regulatory system is disrupted, the menstrual cycle would be disrupted.
- Stress, because it would interfere with metabolism in the body system. It could be because of stress, you will become tired easily, lose weight drastically, even sickly, so that metabolically disturbed. When disturbed metabolism, menstrual cycle will also be disrupted.
- Disruption of thyroid function / thyroid. Impaired thyroid production is either too high (hyperthyroid) or too low (hypothyroidism) that disrupt the hormonal system of the body.
- Systemic disorder that also affects metabolic systems. It usually occurs in people with diabetes or women who have overweight or conversely too thin.
- Now try to look at yourself again, if you are experiencing stress or overweight, or perhaps a drastic weight loss? Then, on your menstrual blood volume, it was still normal. Normal menstrual blood volume itself between 50-150 ml. This means no more than the contents of a cup. So you do not need to worry. All you have to do now is to always maintain fitness and body weight remained within normal limits.
There are many causes of irregular menstrual cycles, among others: